P/U advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P/U advice please

Wow, I was reading the Clapton tone and the 59N vs. JazzN threads and I'll get back to you after I get a degree in electronics - very cool stuff but it will take my 'stuck in first gear' brain some time to digest all of it.
    So why have I called you here today........ P/U advice? Being a good little SD forumite, I recommended SD's to a friend of mine for an Epiphone hollow body he has (335 copy - don't know the exact model). Anyway what would you all recommend for a guitar like this in terms of pickups. He is influenced by Eric Lifeson (sp??) a lot as well as Page, but he has a les Paul for that.
    Anyway, suggestions please.....Thanks

Re: P/U advice please

I had a pair of Seth's in my epi Sheraton and they trocked. Everything from blues to jazz, funk, rock, and even country acn be done with these in a Semi.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks Benjy - he's more of a rock/blues player so I'll pass on your input about there versatility.
      I welcome other opinions on this one as well.
      thanks again Benjy

Comment

i think any of the vintagey stype buckers would work. seths, antiquitys or 59s would be the three id consider

Comment

Thanks Jeremy, I'll pass it on with special emphasis on the Seth's since they were 2 for 2 in the responses - I'd like to hear those myself.

Comment

Working...
          X