:fing25: :fing25:

Fender MA-13 Acoustic
    Brian Moore i9,
    Squire Stratocaster
    Fender Tom Delonge Stratocaster

Digitech GNX 3 Workstation w/ 8 track recorder'
    YAAAYY FENDER FRONTMAN 15 G!!!

Re: Dirty Fingers Or Invader

what do you mean by better...if it were me I would go for the invader...in truth they are pretty similar pups...my money would still be on the invader
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

According to Zerberus, aside from the oxide caps, they're more or less the same thing. FWIW, I took the caps out of my Invader, and stuck in hex screws the other day, and I did not like what it did to the sound. It kinda took some of the nuts out of it.
      As far as which is a better pup, Invader hands down. Even if they were identical, you'd have to be pretty f*cked up to pay an extra $20 for the Gibson. I think Gibson pups are a stupid investment, as there is almost always gonna be a superior Duncan for $20-30 less.
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
        According to Zerberus, aside from the oxide caps, they're more or less the same thing. FWIW, I took the caps out of my Invader, and stuck in hex screws the other day, and I did not like what it did to the sound. It kinda took some of the nuts out of it.
        As far as which is a better pup, Invader hands down. Even if they were identical, you'd have to be pretty f*cked up to pay an extra $20 for the Gibson. I think Gibson pups are a stupid investment, as there is almost always gonna be a superior Duncan for $20-30 less.
        JB From Hell I A/B'ed an Invader stock and with hex poles. There is a difference, and I actually prefer the hex poles. Read this past thread.

Invader with hex poles

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
          JB From Hell I A/B'ed an Invader stock and with hex poles. There is a difference, and I actually prefer the hex poles. Read this past thread.

Invader with hex poles
          I agree with you 100% on the fact that the caps/poles make a huge difference.

I disagree 100% about which one sounds "better", though
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I guess some prefer a muffled sound. To each his own.

Comment

What axe do you have? and what are you putting it into? I haven't tried the dirty fingers but i do like the invader alot. If they are similiar then its all a matter of whihc one you want. I know tom delonge used to use the invader but now uses the dirty figners accoridng to him the dirty fingers has more clarity than the invader. I would like to try the dirty fingers one day though.
              Proud Master of Strats.....

Comment

tom is also using a dirty fingers cause gibson said he had to use a gibson pup.

Comment

Let it be knowen that like jeremy said, tom was able to use whatever he wanted in his signature strat but when he moved to gibson they demanded a gibson pickup...also did tom try an invader in his 333 or did he try a dirty fingers in his Strat? sure this pickup changed...but look at the guitar he went from a strat with a hardtail to a 333/335 style guitar...that would make a much larger difference in tone that going to a dirty fingers from an invader!
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I've never thought of Dirty Fingers pickups as being a high output pickup. All of the ones that I own (and I've owned a few, all from guitars that I bought that had them already installed) all are pretty anemic compared to my Invaders. So, my answer would have to be the Invader.
                    www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
                      I think Gibson pups are a stupid investment, as there is almost always gonna be a superior Duncan for $20-30 less.

Except for the P94...

What about the 490T?

Comment

Originally posted by theboatcandream
                        Except for the P94...

What about the 490T?
                        I should retract my statement about buying Gibson pickups being stupid. If that's what you like, more power to you. There's just a lot of things about how Gibson does business that I have a low opinion of. I have yet to play a Gibson guitar that didn't make me think, "This would sound a WHOLE lot better with a (insert Duncan/EMG pup here)."

So, rather than calling it stupid, I'll just say that I don't understand why someone would opt for a Gibson over a Duncan.

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
                          I guess some prefer a muffled sound. To each his own.
                          I've never had a problem getting a clear, articulate tone out of my Invader. I also use it in guitars with Floyds, so maybe that makes the difference.

Comment

Working...
                          X