Screamin Demon Or Full Shred ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screamin Demon Or Full Shred ?

Which one and why, assuming all variables are the same, Using a Marshall DSL50 .... Looking for old 80's style tones, but not limited to George Lynch .
    Scramin Demon
    33.33%
    Full Shred
    66.67%

Re: Screamin Demon Or Full Shred ?

Hey Rick, I can't compare the Full Shred with the Screamin Demon, since I've only used the Demon but I like the Demon alot. It doesn't sound like George's older 80's stuff though....it's more open and almost hi-fi sounding. I think the Duncan Distortion sounds more like the stuff off his older albums. It's still a great pickup though IMO....I'm thinking of putting it back in my new guitar to give it another shot at a different body-wood.

Comment

Jason,

That's cool tough I really am not lookling to sound like George Lynch, more like ...Rikus LynchCampbell You know the guy you jammed with at my house

Seriously, I want my own tone, but It is for that 80's style stuff. I want it to be thick and chunky, yet I want it to Scream on Command from anywhere on the finger board, and yet still be able to have definition when I play chords.

The Full Shred is close to that , BUT there are certain places on the neck where the harmonics just fizzle out when I hit them.

Comment

the last thing on my mind when i bought the Demon was George Lynch... but he's one of my fav players...

the FS IMO is a better neck unit, i have it in my Ibanez S540 & it delivers individual note clarity at high gain settings. i bought the Demon because it gives a very impressive midrange+bass growl i like to hear, especially when palm muting...
        Psychic Horns

Comment

I had a dsl and a Demon and it worked great for 80's metal
          Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
          Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
          Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
          Epiphone LP Special w/JB
          Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
          Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
          1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
          Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Custom 5, Screamin Demon, and JB work great for that sound.
            C-5 has tight lows and and open AC/DC to VH sound.
            Screamin Demon has good high end cut and smooth mids and lows.
            JB has thick tone on solos, and full of thick mids.
            CC is good if you want to have a thick and full tone with buttery highs.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
            X