SD Jazz or 59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Jazz or 59

So I'm looking at Schecter C1 Classics, and they're designed with either a Seymour Duncan Jazz pickup in the neck or a 59. I have no knowledge on which is better, but I'm pretty sure the newer models have the Jazz pickup. They all come with a JB at the bridge. So basically if I'm wondering if I should buy the older model, which I think has the JB and 59 or the newer redesigned one with the JB and Jazz pickups. Here's a link to the older one, could you guys please tell me which one is better, the auction ends in 6 hours. Thanks here's a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
    www.soundclick.com/experience
    Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
    Yamaha EG 112C My 100$ GEMMarshall MS-2 Mini AmpVox V847 WahWah Pedal

Re: SD Jazz or 59

"better" is such a subjective word...the Jazz will have just a tab bit more treble as well as a tad less bass...that does not imply AT ALL that a Jazz is a thin sounding pickup, as far as Alnico 5 magnet pickups go the 59 and the Jazz are my 2 favorites, and both of them sound killer with a JB in the bridge! I can tell you this...the guitar has great hardware, and a nice maple top, it looks killer, it's got a real good case, and I know that Schector guitars play like butter! I say if you want it...get it! If you're un happy with the neck pickup, or the bridge for that matter, it's easy and pretty cheep to change pickups. When I buy ANY guitar, the tone of the guitar plugged in is the LAST thing I think about! If the guitar plays good it my first thing, along with it haveing the features I want/need. If the guitar sounds good UNplugged it will have a great sound with the "right" pickups! pickups are an easy fix, if they are "wrong". Anyway...I don't think you could loose with either pup combo!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Both are nice. Both match well with the JB.
      The Jazz has slightly less output and is less sensetive than the 59. It has a nice glassy sound and it's warm.
      The 59 is more lively, with a more definite voice. Some people think the 59 is too bassy. I agree with that, under certain conditions. It depends on your amp and settings.

I am partial to the 59. It sounds pretty awesome with a cranked plexi. The Jazz is not as exciting, in my opinion. Sometimes that is better, but not for my setup.
      My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Thanks, so I guess the question is, was the Schecter made with more quality before or after it was redesigned? This guy seems to think his is better, made before they were redesigned. His has the Abalone Vine of Life inlay, 3 vol/tone knobs, Elixir Light strings, and a TKL hardshell case. Should I go with this one for $615 over a brand new $700 redesigned c1 classic with the sh2n jazz pickups? I believe this one has the 59 in the neck. I guess the main difference is this older one has 1 volume and 2 tone knobs while the newer one has just a master vol and a master tone vol, and the vine of life may be cheaper on the new one.
        Last edited by TheLizardKing; 11-21-2004, 12:39 PM.
        www.soundclick.com/experience
        Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
        Yamaha EG 112C My 100$ GEMMarshall MS-2 Mini AmpVox V847 WahWah Pedal

Comment

Originally posted by TheLizardKing
          Thanks, so I guess the question is, was the Schecter made with more quality before or after it was redesigned? This guy seems to think his is better, made before they were redesigned. His has the Abalone Vine of Life inlay, 3 vol/tone knobs, Elixir Light strings, and a TKL hardshell case. Should I go with this one for $615 over a brand new $700 redesigned c1 classic with the sh2n jazz pickups? I believe this one has the 59 in the neck. I guess the main difference is this older one has 1 volume and 2 tone knobs while the newer one has just a master vol and a master tone vol, and the vine of life may be cheaper on the new one.
          Just as a side note...I have never played a bad guitar built by Schecter...
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
          X