Duncan Design pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Design pickups

Jusr grabbed a Jackson Dinky today with these pickups. I'm really impressed with the bridge humbucker.

I saw the blurb on the main website about them, but how do they differ from the standard SD pickups other than they are made overseas?

What's going to be different (soundwise) if someone were to swap in a real JB?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Duncan Design pickups

Originally posted by JeffB
    What's going to be different (soundwise) if someone were to swap in a real JB?
    If you really lucked out, not much. I've got two HB-102b pups, 1 of which sounds damn near exactly like my JB, the other of which totally blows goats. Like many import items, they're just very inconsistent.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

I guess I must have lucked out then...wheewww

It sounds quite good to me. It certainly sounds as good as my Heritage Les Paul with 59's did through the same amp (as far as warmth, clarity, etc). Even the better half who knows nothing about guitars (and she hates the style of music I play/like) said it sounds so much better than the Ibanez did and just as good as "the red guitar with pretty wood" (My heritage)

I still *might* go to a SH-5 Custom, just for more low end/mid clarity but I don't really feel I absolutely need to.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

If you put a real Duncan in, I bet that you end up happier with it. Even the best duncan designed I've heard are missing that special something.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell
          If you put a real Duncan in, I bet that you end up happier with it. Even the best duncan designed I've heard are missing that special something.
          I suspect I would too. I'm *very* happy with the lead tones, and power/full/open chords. It's just a little teeny bit muddy (with high gain) on single notes (riffs) on the lower strings on the lower frets, and it's a little tough to to get good pinch harmonics out of.

But the DD's are a huge improvement over the pickups that were in the Ibanez I'm returning.

And the singles are darn good. Just wish the neck had a bit higher output. That I'm definitely going to have to change...another dillema now

Comment

Working...
          X