Seth Lover in a Tele Bridge = NICE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lover in a Tele Bridge = NICE

Wow I love this pickup. I just put one in the bridge of a tele and the tone is supasweet. The clean tone is warm and full, with that nice a2 character, and it really rocks with some distortion.

I took the pickup out of a Les Paul, and I did notice a bit of sustain loss, but I still think it's the best sounding humbucker that I've had in a tele bridge. Teles have a tight bottom end and that's a plus when using an a2 magnet.

I am putting an a2 pro in my Les Paul... and it'll have a tough act to follow for sure....
    My Duncan demos and songs

Re: Seth Lover in a Tele Bridge = NICE

sounds like a good switch
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Yummy!

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Funny-I have an A2Pro in my tele bridge and it sounds sweet. Not as fat as the JB it replaced, but warm and very PAFish. Balances nicely with the Phat Cat in the neck.

Stevo-I am waiting to hear your opinion of the Seth vs. the A2Pro in the bridge. I think the A2Pro may have a little more warmth and bass, but the Seth may have a little more complexity to the tone.
        Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

I always teased the idea of doing that because I absolutely love the extra snap and punchy sound I get from my tele, I can't imagine how good it would sound with a humbucker in the bridge

Comment

Originally posted by hacker
            Stevo-I am waiting to hear your opinion of the Seth vs. the A2Pro in the bridge. I think the A2Pro may have a little more warmth and bass, but the Seth may have a little more complexity to the tone.
            The new a2pro will certainly be under scrutiny haha. The Seth Lover is really a great pickup for me. I like the complexity of the lower notes, and the smoothness of the higher notes. Sometimes I wish it had more punch, but I have learned that you can't do it all with one pickup.
            If the a2pro does not work out in the LP, I'll try it in the tele before I give up on it
            My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
            X