Duncan matched sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan matched sets

I noticed in the "new products" section on the SD site, that they're putting together matched sets, such as a JB with a Jazz, etc.. Great idea. This should help a lot of folks, especially since they're are so many choices.

KUDOS to Seymour, Evan, & Company!

Jeff
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Re: Duncan matched sets

I hadn't seen that. That's pretty cool!
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Cool, I like the look of the Everything Axe™ Set (JBjr, Duckbucker, Lil 59) just need a decent strat to put them in, although a couple of htose sets were a little obvious? (Distortion set & 59 set)
      "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Originally posted by rinse_master
        although a couple of htose sets were a little obvious? (Distortion set & 59 set)

You're right, but it's a start at least. Actually, if they look at some of the "sets" that the we've all put together or discussed, they could really have a field day.

Jeff
        "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Originally posted by rinse_master
          Cool, I like the look of the Everything Axe™ Set (JBjr, Duckbucker, Lil 59) just need a decent strat to put them in, although a couple of htose sets were a little obvious? (Distortion set & 59 set)

The funny thing is, I've talked to a lot of players myself who don't know much about modifying and repairing thier guitars and they didn't know that the Distortion has a neck counterpart, or that the 59 is more than just a neck pickup. most everyone here on the forum won't buy these matched sets, but for their targeted audience, they make sense.

Just as an example, last month, I had a customer ask me to swap the pickups out on his Ibanez SZ for some Duncans. I asked him which ones he wanted. He replied :"Something bluesy sounding". For this guy, the 59 matched set would work very well.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Must just be the geek in me that sits down and reads every last bit of the SD website, haha!

I see the sense in it, people can just look at the box and know what to expect.
            "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Working...
            X