screamin demon not as loud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• screamin demon not as loud

I replaced the original Wolfgang special PU w\SD and the Demon is not as loud. Is this normal? Let me know if there is something wrong.

Re: screamin demon not as loud

welcome to the forum!!
    the demon isnt a super hot pup, how is the tone?

Comment

Well for me the Deamon sounds much better than the original wolf's pup's. It's a 10k +/- pup so that's good enough. I found that the stock ones were too like frying eggs sound. FZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
      Guitars:
      Epiphone Zakk Wylde w/ ZW emg set
      Peavey Wolfgang QT w/ SD scremin' demon in bridge
      Jackson Soloist 3 w/ Jb in bridge
      Ibanez 2570ex vst With tone zone
      2x Ada mp1 preamp
      2x Marshall '68 plexi super lead heads
      Marshall Jcm 800 100 head
      Mesa Boogie triple rectifier head
      Soldano Slo-100 Head
      Combos:
      Marshall Jcm 2000 tsl 602 tube amp

Comment

The Demon is not a high output pickup despite what some may think. It is great sounding though IMO. It's got a very unique vibe to it.

Comment

It's normal because the output of the pickups in the Wolfie is considerably higher than the demon. I think they're 17.3K (at least the Dimarzios on the Wolfgang Standards) so that's a bit of difference. Do you like the tone of the Demon better? I haven't tried any Duncans yet, but the Dimarzios in the Wolfie didn't sound that great to me (i only played them for about 10 mins though). Too much bass/mud and no oomph/definition on the thick strings compared to my PRS #7.

Comment

What Dimarzios do they put in there?? I think I heard the Tone Zone....but am not sure.

If it is I can see why some wouldn't like it....it's a very *niche* pickup.

Comment

The Music Man Axis has a Tone Zone customised to EVH's specifications in the bridge. I didnt think Dimarzio made the pickups for the wolfgang? I was under the impression they were actually made by peavey.

Comment

Working...
              X