Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup height : reminder !!

Hey dudes,

This weekend, I decided to raise the saddles on my Strat and tilt the neck to compensate string height.

The difference was definitely there, acoustically.

Ive done that just before we started our practice session. During the 2-3 first songs, I noticed my guitar was dull-sounding. Lifeless, no "bite" at all....

...until I noticed I forgot raising the pickups.
    Found back my tone, got even better!

Just a reminder for you folks and youngsters who dont care about pickup height or who underestimate the power of a screwdriver.
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Re: Pickup height : reminder !!

Everytime I've messed with the neck pocket on a strat, like shimming it or using the microtilt, it makes the guitar duller sounding because the gap kills the energy and resonance between the neck and body. Did you shim one side of the neck pocket, or the backside, and what was your reason? to raise the saddle height? Just curious.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Jonezy dude,

I was chatting with Lew in a post last week about saddles height on a strat, to improve the tone (another one of those zillion of fancy "tips" you know)...

I was kinda unpair with the idea of using the microtilt, I prefer a strong contact between the neck and guitar. However, so far, I think there's a difference, even if I said there was definitely an improvement "acoustically", I feel it more in terms of "feel" than tone. But I didnt felt any loss of "tone" due to the microtilt.
      Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

BUMPING BACK!

I was reading that thread regarding a bad-sounding Invader, but now nicer with fine-tuned pickup height.

Comment

Working...
        X