Dimebucker / Distorsion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker / Distorsion

I was wondering which one will be better for me between this two... I play in a thrash metal band but I also like to play Vai, Satch, Friedman, Becker etc etc things. I guess that this two pups are the best options for rythm metal, but what about solos? Any ideas?

Re: Dimebucker / Distorsion

Originally posted by Paul_Coolio
    I was wondering which one will be better for me between this two... I play in a thrash metal band but I also like to play Vai, Satch, Friedman, Becker etc etc things. I guess that this two pups are the best options for rythm metal, but what about solos? Any ideas?

Hey PC,

Welcome to the forum!

I think either one of those pups would get you there. I own them both, but they're in two completely different guitars. The Distortion is in a LP Classic & the Dime is in Jackson V. I like them both, but if I had to choose, I would go with the Distortion. It just speaks to me more. I love the grit, the grind, tight bottom end & searing lead voice. It just friggin' RAWKS. Good luck, hope this helped.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Distortion. It is by far the best metal riffing pickup ever. Plus it is verstatile enough to get you some good Vai, Satch, Etc. tones. Check out just about any of my posts and you'll hear me preach the word of the Duncan Distortion. Come to think of it, I should resurrect my Church of the Distortion thread.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Preach 'dat sermon, brotha' Travis!

Comment

As much as I love the Dime, I think you'd like the Distortion better.

Comment

distortion definitely!!

the tone that comes out of my les paul is simply amazing. this great chunky riffing tone and this sweet singing lead tone!!

Comment

Working...
            X