Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what hb's would fit my charvel?

hi all!

i've got an old japanese charvel (looks like a soloist archtop), the guitar just looks great, but i don't like the sound of those pickups. so i want to change them, i have a lot of other guitars with a lot of different pickups, but i want to try some new ones.

so what pickups would you recommend? i need 2 humbuckers, the bridge pickup should have a lot of bite, he should scream. and for the neck i want a pickup with a bright, clean sound. both should be splitable.

i also have a jackson jj with a jazz in the neck position and a jb as bridge pickup, so i know how they're sounding and i really like them, may i will put those in the charvel too, but maybe someone knows another nice pair that would fit nice.

thx!

Re: what hb's would fit my charvel?

hey man, welcome

the JB/Jazz combo is a real all-rounder, it'd fit anywhere... maybe you could look at a set of 59s or jazz/jazz? other options are the antiquity range - seth lover humbuckers?

but as regards to changing it, if you're truely happy with JB/Jazz, stick with it

tom

Comment

Firebullet if you can't live with the extra space around a non-Jackson pickup in the mounting bezel, Budman on the Jackson / Charvel forum sells conversion rings to fit Duncans or standard size humbuckers into those older oversized Jackson rings on many of the 80's model series Charvels.

Comment

cool, thx!

Comment

Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
          X