Jazzmaster Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazzmaster Pickups

I bought a mid 1990's '62 CIJ Jazzmaster with SJM-2 pickups installed. They are a bit too hot for me. Which would be better for the classic Ventures tone; Antiquity I or II or the SJM-1?

Re: Jazzmaster Pickups

hey johnny .. welcome to the board

I've had great luck getting cool classic j-matsa tones w/ the SJM-1's .. I like the ant. I's a little better .. and havent had the pleasure of checking the II's .. so I cant be much help there .. maybe someone else will chime in on that..

I'd say if you can afford the ant's .. you wont be sorry ... but the sjm-1's are def. good.

good luck!
    "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

Johnny,
      Another alternative would be to use Fender's Jazzmaster pickups which is what the Ventures used. I had a stock Jazzmaster and it nailed the Venture's tone.

Comment

Thanks guys, appreciate the input...if i could only lose touch with my feminine side I could make a decision (just kidding ladies)...sjm-1 are probably the way to go for me
        although I'll check with Fender and see how much $$ they are... hope everyone had a
        good Thanksgiving...

Comment

Interestingly Ventures guitarist Nokie Edwards has some signature p'ups in the SD custom shop, but nobody seems to know anything about them...
          undefined

Comment

Working...
          X