I hate les pauls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I hate les pauls...

I'm sensing a lot of hate in here. I'm redoing everything from the ground up for the third time. I've been in the cavities countless times, trying to figure out what I did wrong. For a while I had just grounded out the switch, but, once I had the switch working, the pots weren't. So, I was pissed.
    Wiring strats and Pauls are two complete differant animals.
    Oh, and I'm upgrading to CTS pots, switchs and jacks, that's why I'm doing this.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Originally posted by Indie P Bass
      I'm sensing a lot of hate in here. I'm redoing everything from the ground up for the third time. I've been in the cavities countless times, trying to figure out what I did wrong. For a while I had just grounded out the switch, but, once I had the switch working, the pots weren't. So, I was pissed.
      Wiring strats and Pauls are two complete differant animals.
      Oh, and I'm upgrading to CTS pots, switchs and jacks, that's why I'm doing this.
      Hey Indie,

It's OK dude, I'd just step back from it for a while & let your brain clear out.
      Go back at it with a renewed enthusiasm instead of of frustration. You'll get it, bro, no worries. Good luck.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

wiring a les paul for me is far easier than wiring a strat. i even figure it out without any schematic diagram. the wire from the pickups go to their respective vol and tone pots and then their respective outputs go to the selector switch and to the output jack , ground the pots and the bridge and you're done. in a strat is far more complicated(3 pickups, 5-way switch, master vol, neck and middle tone control) but easier to work on with all its electronics except the plug is in the scratchplate.
        2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Comment

I don't know... I guess I just have an easier time wiring a strat becuase of that one cut out... or maybe, I've just wired strats too much.
          You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Comment

Working...
          X