defective pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• defective pickups

how usual is that a pickup is defective ? because i bought a super distortion for a les paul and never got it to sound right it sounds uglier that the stock epiphones that sound horrible , it was my first time changing pickups , i havenet played my paul since im about to buy a dimarzio paf , i been making some research and that seems like a good combo, i thought maybe somethings wrong with the pickup because i didit like the instruccions said so i dont know what to think , should i take it to a guitar tech ?
    also i thought maybe sounds like that because is a solid state amp because i read in the dimarzio website that sounds good with a tube amp , but then one of my other guitars has duncan designed pikups and sounds better , so help me please! , maybe i just connected something wrong
    Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
    Epi Les paul honeyburst, loaded with Seymour Duncan DD (b) 59 (n)
    Ibanez Iceman ic300 , Stock pickups
    Yamaha Pacifica , stock
    epiphone acoustic
    marshall combo
    cry baby wah
    monster cables

Re: defective pickups

My first guess would be a wiring problem... how does it sound like? Tinny? Could be out of phase

Also adjust the height of the pickup.

Bee
    Originally posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Comment

how it sounds when is out of phase ? and how can i fix it
      Schecter C1 silver top, cream body binding , black hardware, loaded with EMG 81/81
      Yamaha Pacifica , stock
      epiphone acoustic
      marshall combo
      cry baby wah
      monster cables

Comment

I'd disconnect it, and try again from scratch. That's helped me fix some head scratchers.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Can you post the wiring diagrams for your installation? If not, describe more about your situation. We'll get it.

Comment

i just disconected the stock one , but the thing is that the stock one is 2 conductor and the super distortion is 4 conductor so i used the diagram and taped the ones that are supposed to be taped and connected the other 2 where the stock where.
            Yamaha Pacifica , stock
            epiphone acoustic
            marshall combo
            cry baby wah
            monster cables

Comment

Originally posted by rombola
              i just disconected the stock one , but the thing is that the stock one is 2 conductor and the super distortion is 4 conductor so i used the diagram and taped the ones that are supposed to be taped and connected the other 2 where the stock where.
              Sounds like your good to go. Plug her in. How's she sound?

Comment

i mean thats what i did like 3 months ago sorry , you see dude maybe the pickup is defective
                Yamaha Pacifica , stock
                epiphone acoustic
                marshall combo
                cry baby wah
                monster cables

Comment

Originally posted by rombola
                  i mean thats what i did like 3 months ago sorry , you see dude maybe the pickup is defective

I got ya', sorry my friend. Is it possible for you to show us your current wire-up? It is definitely possible you got a bad pup, I hope not, but if you could be as specific as possible as to how you wired it, I think we can help.

Peace,

Darrin

Comment

Working...
                  X