Question about pickups used in 1 song

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pickups used in 1 song

Hey, i was listening to "Three days grace - Just Like You" and i was wondering how they got that sound! Sounds like maybe an invader or something.

B4 i anoy everyone with my asking suggestions, i wana state that my guitar is a platium pro warlock with a floyd rose trem, and No im not putting a JB in it.

I would like to get a little heavier tone, but use my amps settings to be able to still get nice versitility(go from the sound in that song, to an 80's hard rock sound with the same pickup or switching neck and bridge and still be able to get a near acoustic sound when going clean). Pretty much the problem with my guitar is, theres almost no difference between plam mutes and not muting, and it seams way to warm and just not very much tone, like taking a crappy pickup and trying to make it sound metaly. I hate to keep buging you people, but thies kinda descisions are like picking a religion to go with!

Btw, i just heard the jazz neck review from Neeradj and i really loved the sound of it, exactly what im going for, in the neck, now for bridge.. Maybe i should go for a more bassy pickup? any suggestions? ( idea popes into head* Jazz neck, invader bridge, Noo, no way im crazy aint i?)
    Last edited by Mephis; 11-27-2004, 12:03 AM.
    Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Re: Question about pickups used in 1 song

The guy from Three Days Grace uses a JB.

May I ask why you're so against the JB? I didn't want to use one forever, because everybody uses it. Then I said what the hell, tried one, and discovered why everyone uses it
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
    X