the best duncan ever made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the best duncan ever made

the best duncan ever made.......hmmmmm.......a JB with more low mids and a liiiiiiiittle bit more bass

Comment

I now swear by the SH-13 in the bridge and a SH-10 in the neck.
      This space is for rent.

Comment

I have owned most of the SD humbuckers at one time or another. I have also had several custom shop pickups. So far, if I only could keep one, It'd be the Seth Lover Bridge. It does great clean and dirt. It sounds good in my tele and my Les Paul. Scott Miller from SD told me that he really likes it in a strat also.

Regarding neck pickups, I keep going back to the 59. I like it in teles and Les Pauls. It's sweet and it screams.
        My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Pearly Gates do it for me, followed closely by the Phat Cats and Seth's.
          Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

i pretty much swear by the jb. i've tried it in a alder strat, a mahogany gibson, and a schecter and it manages to have a kick ass sound in all those guitars, now thats one hell of a pickup
            Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
            The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

I've made a point to hear most of the Duncan humbuckers, and now I just pick up a guitar, play it for a few minutes, and can instantly know which pickup belongs in it....at least to my taste, which is the whole point. With all the playing styles, guitars, and rigs, you only need to know which Duncan will sound the best for your situation.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Please to be voting for the 59!!!! Although I do like the Demon too -- kind of like a pissed off 59.

-Mark
                "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." John Adams

Comment

Working...
                X