double up on magnets...what happens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double up on magnets...what happens?

I'm talking about putting a magnet on the bottom plate as well as keeping the one that's already between the coils. Or maybe stacking a pair of magnets on top of each other tween the coils...in any event, the effect using two magnets in one pickup would have.

Take it away guys!

(Just put a new bottom plate on my 59n, I'm very pleased it was quite necessary)
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

contact zerberus
    Guitars:
    87' Gibson Les Paul Custom- Stock PUs
    86' Carvin V220- Super distortion neck, tonezone bridge....
    87' Cort Unknown Model, Modded- Dimarzio Super Distortion Bridge with Alnico V mag.

Amp:
    Bogner Ecstasy-stock Tubes
    Marshall JMP 50 watt- stock Tubes
    Fender Deluxe 90-Solid State..:-P

Comment

double up on magnets...what happens?

putting a magnet underneath the baseplate will change the magnetic field in a sense like having a longer set of pole pieces I suppose. It's impossible to have two magnets stacked up on each other correctly without a ferromagnetic spacer in-between them. the top will have a North polarity on the top magnet and a South polarity on the bottom magnet and visa versa on the other side, basically making a really messed up magnetic field. and it'll sound really wierd with some odd intermodulations. Not good for the average guitarist. :P I've taken a pair of 1/4"x1/4"x2" Ceramic magnets and put a normal plastic spacer in-between them and it behaves like an 1/8" AlNiCo V with a LOT less hum ( there's virtually no conductivity between coils pole pieces trough the magnets). I'm going to be really pissed off if someone takes this idea and patents it!
      ScreamingDaisy: I don't do sympathy. If you want sympathy, it can be found in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis.

Comment

Well thanx for the idea Kyle! >
        Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
        Originally posted by Sosomething
        "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Working...
        X