No announcement yet.

Evolution and TB-distortion good match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evolution and TB-distortion good match?

The TB2b distortion trembucker in im brige of my jackson, would it not be a good idea to put an dimarzio evolution in the neck, i need heavy distortion and harmonics that would make your ears bleed. what you think?

Re: Evolution and TB-distortion good match?

I don't see any reason that wouldn't work for what you want.

You wouldn't happen to be looking for an Evolution bridge pickup, would you?
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Would it be a bad mix of tone? im hearin i should just go w/ a JB 59 on the neck and a tb2b distortion on my brige?

evo. on my brige no thanx but i hear there killer

Comment

Do you mean a '59 or a JB? The JB (bridge) '59 (neck) is a pretty popular combo.
        Anyway, some guys on here use the JB in the neck, to good result. I'm not a huge fan, though.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Originally posted by Metalplayer96
          The TB2b distortion trembucker in im brige of my jackson, would it not be a good idea to put an dimarzio evolution in the neck, i need heavy distortion and harmonics that would make your ears bleed. what you think?
          I would seriously check out a Sh-10 in the neck.
          It holds up really well under a lot of distortion and has those harmonics like you describe.
          This space is for rent.

Comment

I wouldn't go with the Evo for the neck, I think it'll warm up way too much in that position. If you want superharmonics, warm riffs and huge picking attack get the Air Norton. It's the best neck pick up I've ever heard! The Paf Pro is however more of an ear-bleeder, don't underestimate this pick up for it's low output. It's incredibly agressive for riffs and thinner palm mutes (in an '80ies manner), has piercing harmonics and that little wah-vowel is just awesome!
            Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
            Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
            Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
            Marshall 2x12 Vintage
            Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Working...
            X