Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brdige Pickup Confusion

Right..

I am looking for a replacement pickup for my 2003 epiphone korina flying V the gibson desingned pups are great nice n warm and thick but I want something more hotter as the neck pup is louder and seems hotter than the bridge. What would be the best pickup for my style. Which is anything from Nickelback to evansence to american head charge??

I have thought about a JB or a custom or a custom custom. Please Help.. Also a pup thats sound gets thicker as you roll up the gain nice n smooth yet warm and thick, Also something with excellent harmonics both natural and pinch. Thanks.

Re: Brdige Pickup Confusion

Welcome to the forum!

I'd suggest either a Custom Custom, or a Custom, for a more aggressive, biting tone.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!

If you want even warmer and thicker bridge go Custom Custom. It has an alnico 2 mag which generally gives a warmer tone. If you want pure unadulturated passive pickup grind in both positions go with a set of distortions. The distortion bridge has lots of mids and harmonics. A custom is also a good choice with the ceramic magnet it really cuts throught the mix and has good sustain. A JB is a good all round pup most will tell you (I have had bad luck with them) The Jazz/JB is the most popular combo. I have a Jazz in my Heritage 150 (LP build) and it is very clear articulate and cleans up nicely. If you play a lot of low tuned stuff definitely consider the jazz maybe in both positions. We could help you more if you told us what kind of amp you use.

Luke
      “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

thanks well i use a laney tf50 but only as a slave amp to my line 6 pod 2.0.

thanks I think I may go for a distortion or a custom custom.. which one is hotter and fits my styles more?

Comment

The Distortion is definately hotter, but it's not something I'd describe as "warm and smooth".

Comment

well which one out of the distortion or the custom custom is highly aggressive towards the modern hard rock - Nickelback and heavey metal - American Head Charge. But thick and warm....????

Comment

They're both thick and aggressive, but the only one that's warm will be the CC.

Comment

Benji speaketh the truth!

The CC is smooth and warm the distortion is brighter and crunchy. Either one will probably have significantly more output than you are used to.

Luke
                “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I vote JB
                  ~Sid

"If you play a Nickelback song backwards you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward you'll hear Nickelback." ~David Grohl

Comment

Working...
                  X