banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New pups in Jay Turser: TB6 and Air Norton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pups in Jay Turser: TB6 and Air Norton?

I have a Jay Turser JT1000, which is double cutaway, maple neck thru ash body, rosewood fingerboard with oval fretmarkers, 24 fret, 2 humbuckers, Floyd Rose tremolo, 1 volume, 1 tone controls, and die-cast tuners. Sorry if all of that info isn't neccessary. Right now it's just got the stock pickups which sound like ass.

So I'm thinking that I want to put a Duncan trembucker TB6 in the bridge and a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck. I'm looking for a prog metal type tone, similar to that of John Petrucci and Ron Jarzombek (well, Ron uses the SH6, but that's the same thing).

I usually play heavy rhythm stuff and shredtacular leads. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Re: New pups in Jay Turser: TB6 and Air Norton?

Welcome to the forum!

Is your guitar bright sounding acoustically?

I have a similar guitar to yours, a Carvin DC127T. It's all maple neck thru-body construction, 24 frets, 2 humbuckers, ebony fingerboard, and has a Wilkinson VS100 trem set to float. It's very bright with a very big, tight low end. I installed an Alnico II Pro in the neck and a Custom Custom in the bridge and am very pleased with the results. It can get very heavy and has a ton of focus and detail with gain for playing intricate leads on either the neck or bridge pickup. The cleans are also very, very good. Clean comping on the neck pickup sounds lovely and with both pickups split in the middle position, you can get convincing country spank out of this set.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Sounds good. My brother has a Carvin DC127 with a couple MT-2s I think. Can anyone else support this? Are you able to record a small clip, Benjy?

Comment

unfortunately, no. I don't have recording capabilities at the moment.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Working...
        X