C5 or 59N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C5 or 59N

I have ordered a 59N and C5 for my Yamaha 2100 (semi-hollow). I have read some other threads that I did not see the first time noting alot of people do not like the C5 to thin/bright on top and to much low end, mostly on LPs. I was looking for a little more output at the bridge thinner/brighter is not necessarily what I wanted Since there is no direct access to the wiring and it is a lot of work to disconnect and pull everting out of the B pickup hole I'm asking more question's. If i just played it safe with 59N/59B am I better off. This was suggested prior based on music played (all the kings, T-Birds, Tommy Castro, Delbert, CoCo M) For what it worth I'm playing through a Gibson Goldtone GA-15RV with a Greenback. Just looking for a fuller sound at lower volumes. Your comments?

Re: C5 or 59N

Originally posted by Crosscut5
    I have ordered a 59N and C5 for my Yamaha 2100 (semi-hollow). I have read some other threads that I did not see the first time noting alot of people do not like the C5 to thin/bright on top and to much low end, mostly on LPs. I was looking for a little more output at the bridge thinner/brighter is not necessarily what I wanted Since there is no direct access to the wiring and it is a lot of work to disconnect and pull everting out of the B pickup hole I'm asking more question's. If i just played it safe with 59N/59B am I better off. This was suggested prior based on music played (all the kings, T-Birds, Tommy Castro, Delbert, CoCo M) For what it worth I'm playing through a Gibson Goldtone GA-15RV with a Greenback. Just looking for a fuller sound at lower volumes. Your comments?

I would not describe the C5 as thin or too bright...maybe Gearjoneser will chime in...this is his fav pup combo. I think you will be just fine!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Re: C5 or 59N

I agree that the C-5 is not to bright, and IMHO is a great bridge pup. If you want somrthing smoother, the CC is the ticket.

Comment

Working...
      X