X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stratcat
    replied
    Re: C5 or 59N

I agree that the C-5 is not to bright, and IMHO is a great bridge pup. If you want somrthing smoother, the CC is the ticket.

Leave a comment:

• the guy who invented fire
    replied
    Re: C5 or 59N

Originally posted by Crosscut5
    I have ordered a 59N and C5 for my Yamaha 2100 (semi-hollow). I have read some other threads that I did not see the first time noting alot of people do not like the C5 to thin/bright on top and to much low end, mostly on LPs. I was looking for a little more output at the bridge thinner/brighter is not necessarily what I wanted Since there is no direct access to the wiring and it is a lot of work to disconnect and pull everting out of the B pickup hole I'm asking more question's. If i just played it safe with 59N/59B am I better off. This was suggested prior based on music played (all the kings, T-Birds, Tommy Castro, Delbert, CoCo M) For what it worth I'm playing through a Gibson Goldtone GA-15RV with a Greenback. Just looking for a fuller sound at lower volumes. Your comments?

I would not describe the C5 as thin or too bright...maybe Gearjoneser will chime in...this is his fav pup combo. I think you will be just fine!

Leave a comment:

• Crosscut5
    started a topic C5 or 59N

C5 or 59N

I have ordered a 59N and C5 for my Yamaha 2100 (semi-hollow). I have read some other threads that I did not see the first time noting alot of people do not like the C5 to thin/bright on top and to much low end, mostly on LPs. I was looking for a little more output at the bridge thinner/brighter is not necessarily what I wanted Since there is no direct access to the wiring and it is a lot of work to disconnect and pull everting out of the B pickup hole I'm asking more question's. If i just played it safe with 59N/59B am I better off. This was suggested prior based on music played (all the kings, T-Birds, Tommy Castro, Delbert, CoCo M) For what it worth I'm playing through a Gibson Goldtone GA-15RV with a Greenback. Just looking for a fuller sound at lower volumes. Your comments?
Working...
X