Favorite 7 string pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite 7 string pickups?

I've only really used the Custom/Jazz-7 in my RG1527. What do you guys tend to like? You know, something that won't turn to mud on the low B string. Duncan, Dimarzio, EMGs, whatever. Just throw an opinion on here. Thanks
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: Favorite 7 string pickups?

I like my New 7's (Basically a Super Distortion Bridge & Super 2 Neck), although I f**ked the switch, so I only have the bridge working at the mo...

It's fat & loud, like a Super Distortion, sounds OK tapped too (sorry, I haven't had it long, so I can't give too much details on tone)
    "What frequency are you getting? Is it noise or sweet, sweet music?"

Comment

Well the guitar is a Jackson DR-7: alder body, thin maple top, bolt on maple neck. Right now it has an EMG 707 in the bridge and an Ibanex new 7 in the neck (not wired up). It's a Christmas gift for my brother so I think I'm going to yank out the EMG and get another bridge pickup. He likes Dimarzio so I might just end up getting one of those. But I was curious what models people like.
      Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I have dimarzio PAF7s right now. They're functional. Bright with a solid bass end. The mids are there if you dial them in. My complaint is that the ceramic magnet is harsh sounding. Otherwise they're interesting, qualities of both modern and vintage pickups. The bridge is twangy which I didn't like at first but it's grown on me.

Comment

Working...
        X