Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seth or Ant or other

Originally posted by dr.barlo
    I'd be careful about using a 59 in the neck in this case. 59s to me sound brighter than a2 paf clones. So it might make the neck tone brighter than with a seth.
    I know and like the A2P so am going that route.

Interestingly I have the 59 in the neck of another guitar and it seems muddy. The A2P seems to have more treble but in a rounded single coil kind of way, not in an ice pick way. They are different guitars and different scale lengths though, so that may be it.

Comment

Originally posted by GHWelles
      I know and like the A2P so am going that route.

Interestingly I have the 59 in the neck of another guitar and it seems muddy. The A2P seems to have more treble but in a rounded single coil kind of way, not in an ice pick way. They are different guitars and different scale lengths though, so that may be it.
      Sure the wood/neck scale ... DOES matter.

I think 59s are still the best deal for the money, great construction, historically accurate (like seths and ants they are wound on the same machine as the real old PAFs)... I think it is an exact repro of pat # PAFs.

Still I too had the same problems you mention. The bass side of it is simply too strong (for the wrong wood ), and made the overall tone sort of mushy, woofy and all. Then I changed the a5 in it with an a3, and it solved all those problems. If you have a spare a2 and a 59n handy, that might be it. Many people I know love the results.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
        If you have a spare a2 and a 59n handy, that might be it. Many people I know love the results.
        B
        Nice tip, I may try it.

Comment

hey bro...My old Yamaha SG2000 has the same thing going on...brass sustain block, lots of maple in the body and neck as well as an Ebony board...it's great guitar but I wish it was a bit thicker sounding...I just got the Alnico II pro neck and the CC bridge...as soon as I get the rest of my parts Im gonna give it a shot...I'll let you know what happens!!!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            hey bro...My old Yamaha SG2000 has the same thing going on...brass sustain block, lots of maple in the body and neck as well as an Ebony board...it's great guitar but I wish it was a bit thicker sounding...I just got the Alnico II pro neck and the CC bridge...as soon as I get the rest of my parts Im gonna give it a shot...I'll let you know what happens!!!

OK

Comment

Working...
            X