Need Opinions: PG-B vs. 59-B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Opinions: PG-B vs. 59-B

I've been a devoted Pearly Gates user for quite awhile now. As we all know, the Pearly has a nice mid peak which really carries in a mix. I also Love the sound of a 59 in the Bridge. The 59 has always seemed to be more versatile. I have a rather Bluesy style, use old JCM 800 1/2 stacks with Les Pauls. The Pearly doesn't seem to be as versatile as the 59, yet the 59 doesn't seem to have as much mojo, so to speak. ( The Pearly just seems to have a unique voice about it ) . What do Y'all think ??? I'd like to hear Pro's and Con's about each pickup. i.e.> Will the 59B hold up in a mix ??? Can I still get some sizzle, ala the Pearly ??? etc... Just your overall opinions. Keep in mind my setup is simple. Les Pauls with either PG or 59 in Bridge, old JCM 800's , and old TS-808's to push em. Musical style in the vein of Texas Blues Rock. Thanks
    Only The Strong Survive

Re: Need Opinions: PG-B vs. 59-B

Originally posted by 59paul
    The Pearly doesn't seem to be as versatile as the 59, yet the 59 doesn't seem to have as much mojo, so to speak.
    I hear that. Maybe you really need a Seth Lover. You will have the PAF tone with alnico 2 like the PG but the Seth Lover does not have that upper midrange character of the PG. That makes it more versatile in my opinion.
    I like the 59b and the PGb but I think the SL has characeristics of both and that's the one I use the most.
    My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Working...
    X