X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59paul
    replied
    Re: How would these pups sound thru...

The 59 or C5 are the most versatile out of that group. The PG would be great for Lead work, but it isn't quite as versatile for rhythm . If I were going for a mix of styles, I'd choose the 59 or C5. Another option would be a Seth Lover, and another would be an Antiquity.

Leave a comment:

• \m/(00)\m/
    replied

i think a pG would be a good example for that.

Leave a comment:

• dudeman08
    replied

Thanks a lot Nightburst! Hmm... I'm looking for a pup that can be pretty versatile, like from tones such as AC/DC, Boston, Stone Temple Pilots, Filter, and Korn. I'm not really into high output pups, I don't really think they'd fit my style. And I know that the bands I listed dont use high output pups except for Filter, so I guess I'm looking for something that isn't too hot or compressed. Something open and airy and full, but can still chunk when pushed.

Anyone else? Please?

Daniel
    Last edited by dudeman08; 04-05-2004, 10:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nightburst
    replied

I can only comment on the '59n through a MT-2 and a Bandid 112. Sounds pretty thick grunty and creamy. Chunk's good too but I'd like it to be a little hotter.

What kind of tone are you after and what are your requirements from the pup?

Leave a comment:

• dudeman08
    replied

C'mon you guys! Can anyone help me out?

Daniel

Leave a comment:

• dudeman08
    started a topic How would these pups sound thru...

How would these pups sound thru...

Hello everyone!

Have a quick question. How would these pups sound thru a DOD Death Metal Distortion pedal or similar high gain pedal running into a Peavey Studio Pro 112 that I use for home and garage jamming/recording?

1. 59b
    2. PGb
    3. Screamin' Demon(bridge)
    4. C5b

Any advice will do...

I guess what I'm asking is that what band/guitarist would the tone of these pups be closest to when run through my little setup and/or a tiny description of the tone they would make. Oh yeah, my guitar would help... LOL. I have a Washburn WG228, has alder body, maple neck/rosewood fretboard, floyd rose trem, HSH confg, basically an Ibanez RG look-alike. Hopefully this helps! Thanks a lots, and hope to hear from you guys! Hope I didn't ask too much!

Daniel
    Last edited by dudeman08; 04-05-2004, 09:08 AM.
Working...
X