4 Conducter Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Conducter Wiring

I'm installing a humbucker as the only pickup in a guitar, so it will only be conected to a single volume and tone pot.

I know what to do with the green and black wires, but what do I need to do with the red and white? The schematic says to solder them together, but where do they need to be soldered to?

Thanks.

Re: 4 Conducter Wiring

Each other and taped or insulated as not to touch any grounds or hot wires in the control cavity.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
    Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
    Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
    Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Thanks,

So I can just cover the ends with electrical tape, and leave them in the control cavtiy or underneath the pickup?

Comment

Originally posted by Rolph
        Thanks,

So I can just cover the ends with electrical tape, and leave them in the control cavtiy or underneath the pickup?
        Just solder them together, and insulate them ... whether with electrical tape or shrink tubing ... then just tuck them somewhere out of the way in there.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
        X