X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 in Demon??

Just being curious about that.
    Anyone tried it??

A2 will darken the Demon a little bit. It'll still crunch and scream, and still be very articulate...but if you need to get a little more low-mids to warm it up a bit, this is a good mod.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Hmm it will fatten it up some then...well it sounds like that
      As long as the crunch stays put I am game...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        Hmm it will fatten it up some then...well it sounds like that
        As long as the crunch stays put I am game...hehe
        I had an A2 in my SD for awhile in one of my strats and went back to the A5 magnet...The A2 magnet makes the pickup more polite in the crunch and adds a bitm ore mids,but also takes some of the tightness out of the pickup..It's not a bad mod but I found the A5 was more soughted to the A5 poled SSL1s I have in the other 2 positions..I'd rather have a PG if I wanted the A2 magnet but I Like the SD stock these days...It's a mod worth trying though.

John
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Just how polite did it become??

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
            Just how polite did it become??
            Hello Rid...

It removes the tight crunch and some of the bright highs and eqs the mids differently....If you want crunch and aggression,leave the A5 in it...Trust me on this one..I've already been down that road and instead like the Hybrid in most cases...I still trust Seymour's ears with most of my Duncan pickups...I Like to try things but Seymour's ideas usually stick and most times I find I Like the stock pickup..

John
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Ok thanks alot man
              I like the agression in this one, and the tight crunch is what I love the most about these things, very responsive pu.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                Ok thanks alot man
                I like the agression in this one, and the tight crunch is what I love the most about these things, very responsive pu.
                Yes and at 10k the SD is pretty clean and has great note clarity but it crunches like hell also! I really do prefer the stock A5 magnet in my own SD and the split tones in my strat with this pickup are pretty decent also...

John

Comment

Yeah I used it in my Wolfgang now....wow
                  I'm also getting an APH-II to use along with my 59's.
                  Heh I am an humbucker addict.

Comment

alnico II in a demon with one 500K Volume pot and no tone = very custom shop EVH like!

Comment

Originally posted by WARRENLEELYNCH
                      alnico II in a demon with one 500K Volume pot and no tone = very custom shop EVH like!
                      Maybe you guys should consider an a3 in the SD. ???
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Originally posted by dr.barlo
                        Maybe you guys should consider an a3 in the SD. ???
                        yeah that would be a bit better actually
                        a IV works as well.
                        the thing about the II i DID NOT like is the demons low end became less tight(kind of mushy) and the "growl" became TOO pronounced!
                        suprisingly the II did not make the output go down that much,so a III may be the best bet

Comment

strange, because this (non-spongy and in your face bass) is exactly what I don't like in HB's with a5's. (the only exception being cooler HB's like 59b's antiquity bridges PGb's all ~8.70K)
                          B

Comment

... and due to that we happen to agree on the a3!

Comment

Working...
                            X