pickups for artcore guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for artcore guitars?

I'm going to be selling my peavey generation series soon and buying an artcore af75 hollowbody. My plan is to mostly use it as a jazz guitar, and I was thinking about buying a benedetto B-6 for the neck. Would this be overkill for such a cheap hollow? For the bridge I was thinking about putting something a bit different in, like maybe a phat cat or similiar hum-sized p-90. Are there any issues these choices would cause? I figure this owuld be about a $700 total investment, would I be getting good jazzy bang for my buck this way?

thanks

Re: pickups for artcore guitars?

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, but perhaps someone else will. I was just over at the Ibanez site looking at something else, when I noticed the Artcore series.

That af75 is a gorgeous guitar for an amazingly low price. Let us know how you like it.

Comment

im not sure youd be able to fully appreciate the full depths of the b6 in that type of guitar but im sure it would sound great!!

Comment

what about ethier 2 59s or 2 Seth Lovers?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMist
          Heh - we agree on something.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMist
            well I'd like to emphasize a more acoustic sorta tone in the neck position, would the 59's do a decent job of that, or would the jazz be a better choice? I figure I wouldn't be making anywhere near full use of the b6 in the artcore, but I have long term plans for eventually getting a hollow tele with a spruce top from USACG and I'd probably move the b-6 over to that guitar

Comment

Working...
            X