banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fat strat humbucker replacement suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragoneti
    replied
    Re: Fat strat humbucker replacement suggestions?

Thank you all for your answers!!

So the most appropriate for my playing style is the 59 and its derivates (like for example the screaming demon). As i have seen from the tech specs the 59 must be similar to the dimarzio paf pro which i have heard and i liked its sound so i will try to hear (if i eventually manage to do it. cause here in Greece, testing procedures are somewhat of a dream ) both 59 and the demon and decide!

Again, thank you all for your answers!!

Leave a comment:

• Stratoplayer
    replied

Originally posted by kill your scene
    A trembucker is a term for a humbucker that's specially designed for tremolo guitars. There are a few different Duncans that are offered in both standard and trembucker spacing.

I would recommend a Screamin' Demon. They are amazing pickups for hard rock and give you really great earthy tones. They aren't overly abrasive or screechy and have just the right amount of output.

They don't give you the same "vintage" tone that a 59 might, but they do give you a bit more growl and dirt. I find the Demon to be a better rock pickup than traditional PAFs, but purists would shoot me for saying that. I would recommend them.. currently I have a Demon/Stock/Jazz setup in my H/S/H Strat and I like it a lot.

Also, buy brand new pickups from a licensed dealer that offers the full warranty. If you don't like it, return it within the designated period and just get a new pickup.
    All very true. i would say the Demon or the 59, although I think kill your scene is right. Sometimes people get tired of the 59s, but I haven't heard anyone getting tired of the Demon. I'd probably take it myself if I wasn't such a JB lover.

Leave a comment:

• kill your scene
    replied

A trembucker is a term for a humbucker that's specially designed for tremolo guitars. There are a few different Duncans that are offered in both standard and trembucker spacing.

I would recommend a Screamin' Demon. They are amazing pickups for hard rock and give you really great earthy tones. They aren't overly abrasive or screechy and have just the right amount of output.

They don't give you the same "vintage" tone that a 59 might, but they do give you a bit more growl and dirt. I find the Demon to be a better rock pickup than traditional PAFs, but purists would shoot me for saying that. I would recommend them.. currently I have a Demon/Stock/Jazz setup in my H/S/H Strat and I like it a lot.

Also, buy brand new pickups from a licensed dealer that offers the full warranty. If you don't like it, return it within the designated period and just get a new pickup.

Leave a comment:

• Dragoneti
    started a topic Fat strat humbucker replacement suggestions?

Fat strat humbucker replacement suggestions?

Hello everybody!!

I just ordered a fender fat strat mexico to replace an ibanez grx70 (my first guitar) and know I'm searching to find a suitable replacement for the stock humbucker in the bridge. I play (anyway ) classic rock and i would like to also have good clean sounds from it. I'm not into heavy metal so i would like something of more vintage sounding (think of 70's / early 80's rock). Until now, my research has lead me to three pickups that appear to be suitable, the duncan JB and 59 and the dimarzio Paf Pro (as a matter of fact i have listened this pickup in a fat stat mexico, i think it was the sambora signature, in a live consert and i kinda liked the sound, especially the clean sound). Which duncan is equivalent to the dimarzio one? The 59? Any suggestions? The problem here in Greece i cannot find a music store that will allow me to test the pickup to see if i like it and so i have to rely on the pickups specs. And one more question, what is a trembucker? A humbucker with different spacings? And for my fender which should i choose, the normal one or the trem edition?

Thanks in advance!
Working...
X