banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will the seth neck I ordered blend w/ dimarzio virtual paf bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will the seth neck I ordered blend w/ dimarzio virtual paf bridge?

Hi, Im new ... modding out a funky butterscotch ibanez jetking with nickel covered hummers.

I have a virtual paf in the bridge which is a grrreat pickup, put a dim humbucker from hell (like sd jazz somewhat) in the neck (potted it into a nickel cover). The hfh is too thin in the mids, doesnt cut like i want to compete with the bridge. And it is too bassy. Im sure the nickel cover isnt helping but i want it for the look. Ive ordered a seth neck hoping it will have less bass flubb and more projection to the mids.

As ive modded the coil taps on the jetking to parallel/series switching instead, I am also curious if anyone can speak for the parallel tone of the 4 conductor neck seth. Im a big fan of parallel humbucker tones, the bridge virtual paf sounds like a fat tele pickup in parallel, love it.

Re: How will the seth neck I ordered blend w/ dimarzio virtual paf bridge?

I have a Dean V with Virtual Pafs in the Bridge and neck, set up for phasing and coil tap on push pull pots. Sounds awesome. A four conductor seth in the neck should sound even brighter than the virtual PAF neck, with more sizzle and more complex midrange. Sounds great phased. The Virtual PAf neck sounds smoother.

Comment

Re: How will the seth neck I ordered blend w/ dimarzio virtual paf bridge?

sounds good ... yes, the virtual paf neck was too smooth for me, and the hfhell too midcut and bassy, tho it does have a snappy hi end.(kinda sterile too). Hopefully the seth will be the fix.
      That bridge virtual paf tho is just a beautiful thing ... very 3d just like they say, rich and multilayered sounding.

Comment

Working...
      X