X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APC pickups????? this are said to be the "holy grail pups"

i am real interested in the persauder lead model
    anyone own or ever try these APC's?
    Last edited by SABOTAGE; 12-18-2004, 11:33 AM.

Re: APC pickups????? this are said to be the "holy grail pups"

Heh, no prices listed, means EXPENSIVE AS A MOTHER ****ER. Atleast they look *****in but i'd still stick with EMG's tho .
    Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

These pickups have been around for years. And they're not expensive at all. Mel Lace, the brother of the founder of Lace Sensor pickups, is the owner of APC ("Adder Plus Corp."). The two brothers were famous for suing each other over who really designed the Lace Sensors. I think Mel lost the legal battles and started this company.

I was surprised to see that they're still in business.
      Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
      Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

It looks like they hired a ten year old to design their website.

BTW, is this the same company that released "The Adder" back in the late 80's/early 90's? IIRC, it was basically a piece of metal that was placed in between the bobbins. Supposedly, it unlocked some sort of hidden magical properties in your pickups, or some nonsense like that.
        Last edited by mrid; 12-18-2004, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I haven't heard much about these, but I remember one person on HC raving about them

Comment

A few guys from teh JCF are grabbing themselves a few sets and wanted to post reviews soon. Will update if update is possible
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
              It looks like they hired a ten year old to design their website.

BTW, is this the same company that released "The Adder" back in the late 80's/early 90's? IIRC, it was basically a piece of metal that was placed in between the bobbins. Supposedly, it unlocked some sort of hidden magical properties in your pickups, or some nonsense like that.

MRID you crack me up bro!
              yeah they made the attachment that went over the poles to give a blade pole effect i thought it was a good idea but i guess since it is not around anymore
              IT WAS NOT aq good idea!

Comment

I ordered one so I should find out when the group order from JCF is complete. I guess Mel handwinds every pickup or something like that. It's been a few weeks to pump out 18 pickups but he seems to be a perfectionist and won't send out a pickup till it meets his satisfaction. We shall see. Oh yeah and the price is about the same of some of the higher priced SD pickups like the Screamin Demon.

Comment

Working...
                X