No announcement yet.

anyone here ever had a rare pup copied?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here ever had a rare pup copied?

and where did you send it to be duped? do they have to ruin the original?
    I have a pup that is no longer in production that i want a EXACT dupe of?

Re: anyone here ever had a rare pup copied?

i know the cs does it, but ive never had it done

Comment

A fellow named Aaron from the Les Paul Forum had an early 60's PAF duped by MJ in the Custom Shop. He said that he she did an awesome job of recreating the pup and re-assembling the old one. He has a bunch of clips on the LPF of the old and new pup. Sounded identical to me.

Based on what I physically heard from his old and new pup, I would give her a call. If I had a pickup I wanted copied, I would definitely send it to her.

Best,
      LM
      Guitars: 2006 Custom Order VOS '59 Reissue w/ MJ 'Duane PAFs'; 2002 '58 Reissue w/ RS Fralin Neck and Timbucker Bridge; 1989 Clapton Strat with Chubtone '63's; 1994 Tom Dodson Custom Strat with 14 year-old Hot Rails, and Classic Stack; 1991 Tele Plus Deluxe w/ Tremelo and Dually Red-Lace Sensors

Duncan Strat Pickups I've Tried: Hot Rails, 5/2's, Classic Stack, Antiquity I's & AII's, PGn and PGb, '59n and '59b, Standard Custom, Sreamin Deamon, various Antiquities & MJ Custom PAFs.

Comment

Liindy Fralin (Fralin Pick ups) does rewinds - I believe they would also do a copy and they are very very good. They are in virginia - www.fralinpickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_M.
          A fellow named Aaron from the Les Paul Forum had an early 60's PAF duped by MJ in the Custom Shop. He said that he she did an awesome job of recreating the pup and re-assembling the old one. He has a bunch of clips on the LPF of the old and new pup. Sounded identical to me.

Based on what I physically heard from his old and new pup, I would give her a call. If I had a pickup I wanted copied, I would definitely send it to her.

Best,
          LM
          Oh yes the Aaron buckers! I have spoken to him about these P.A.F's.
          IIRC they did a really great job. I will give the CS a call.

Comment

Working...
          X