Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EVAN,why was the JB changed????

Originally posted by korinastratkyle
    The one guy said he was getting one and that it has an AlNiCo II instead of an AlNiCo V? I've played one or two of these Kramers you're talking about, and I thought that it had different charecteristics than the newer JB equipped guitars I've tried, they sound really good!!!!!
    I agree the ones in the kramers which were OEM were very warm and punchy.
    the new one i have is a bit thinner toned and crisper overall.
    as far as the II magnet i treid that and the results were very good in a brand new JB,made the "newness" of the JB seem more vintagey toned. i want to try a 4 and a III in the JB next

Comment

Re: EVAN,why was the JB changed????

Originally posted by Mac-P
      So what is the difference in the sound?

I have a really old JB (circa 1982-84) and it is a really alive, yet warm and vocally voiced pickup. MUCH warmer than, say, a Custom.

When I hear people complain that the JB is too bright I can't help but think that maybe some changes were made over the years, because mine certainly isn't too bright...... more mids than anything else....

I have tried some old 80's Hamer guitars that came stock with covered JB's and '59's and didn't think those JB's were too bright either......

Hey my JB is factory new and didn't sound to bright. I compared it to a custom and like you said the JB is much warmer and not that harsh then the custom.
      For me the JB is warm even if it's new.
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Working...
      X