banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Difference between Seth Lover and Alnico 2 Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Seth Lover and Alnico 2 Pro?

Hey guys, what exactly is the difference in tone between the neck models of these two pickups? I've used the Alnico 2 Pro in several guitars, so I pretty much know what that sounds like. From looking at the tone chart, it seems like the Seth would sound almost identical, as it has a similar EQ and output level. I know the Seth isn't wax potted, but is there any major difference between them? I'm considering a Warmoth SG project, and I already have a custom shop EVH to put in the bridge. Most likely, it would be medium bright as far as the woods go...not too warm, not too bright. It's also going to have a Floyd and a 25.5 inch scale. I haven't figured out all the details yet, but I'm considering a Seth for the neck. I try to have some variety among my guitars, would a Seth sound much different than an Alnico 2 Pro? I also have a spare Pearly Gates lying around that I want to eventually try, which would you recommend in the neck for classic rock and blues? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Re: Difference between Seth Lover and Alnico 2 Pro?

I think the Seth is more open than the Alnico Pro 2. Real nice twang and jangle & a better match for the EVH bridge. It would be kickin' in an SG w/an EVH. I've had both of them & I thought the Seth was much better. I thought the A2 was kinda "muffled" & I found myself pounding on it to get what I wanted....but the Seth was nice and responsive. The EVH neck is a pretty kick ass p/up too(in either bridge or neck)...But 160.00 for a neck p/up is tad unjustified.

Comment

Re: Difference between Seth Lover and Alnico 2 Pro?

Originally posted by revolution
      I think the Seth is more open than the Alnico Pro 2. Real nice twang and jangle & a better match for the EVH bridge. It would be kickin' in an SG w/an EVH. I've had both of them & I thought the Seth was much better. I thought the A2 was kinda "muffled" & I found myself pounding on it to get what I wanted....but the Seth was nice and responsive. The EVH neck is a pretty kick ass p/up too(in either bridge or neck)...But 160.00 for a neck p/up is tad unjustified.
      Guess you don't use that position often....
      I do.

But then I'd never pay that much for a pickup period.

However, your desciption of the APII tells me it'll be perfect for my "STP VI" project I'll be making this summer from USA Custom parts.
      Satanists In Love-
      Dance With The Kings
      of Dance Kings.

Headlopper-
      Everyone Must Give Head.

Drunk Boy Records-
      Fingers on the Pulse of America,
      and Applying as Much Pressure as We Can.
      http://www.DrunkBoy.cjb.net

Comment

Working...
      X