banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Page wiring- bridge and neck series/parallel switchin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Page wiring- bridge and neck series/parallel switchin?

I'm not having much luck finding a diagram that can illustrate how to perform a mod for a series/parallel switch for both pups. I don't think Seymour Duncan has one on the site, where might I find one?
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Re: Page wiring- bridge and neck series/parallel switchin?

Originally posted by korovamilkdud
    I'm not having much luck finding a diagram that can illustrate how to perform a mod for a series/parallel switch for both pups. I don't think Seymour Duncan has one on the site, where might I find one?

it is NOT here...go to www.gibson.com it is on there somewhere.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

The gibson site isn't opening for me at the moment, but the Jimmy Page schematic is available there. Look under support/schematics/Jimmy Page if I am not mistaken. I'll check my HD and see if I have the Gibson schematic or the re-write that Ken made awhile back. Try to avoid the "mutated" schematics available from different places online, not all of them work correctly and some just don't work.

The way Gibson has the series/parallel switch wired, the grounds (SD green) are lifted and connected and the neck pickups (SD black) hot wire is grounded, connecting the pickups in series but out of phase. This is one of the reasons it's also nice to have the phase switch installed on the bridge humbucker as well.

If you are going to install the complete JP wiring then you are good to go. If not then you might want to consider either instlling a phase switch or wiring the series/parallel switch to connect the humbuckers in series and properly phased. Out of phase will sound mid cancelled and nasal, very simular to what a phaser pedal sounds like, in phase sounds louder and fatter than with just one humbucker in use. Both are useable tones, depending on what you are after.

I recorded the solo to one of my songs with both pickups on and out of phase. It's named Danger Zone and can be found at www.failedgrace.com
      www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
      www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out, I'm also downloading Danger Zone...I alreay have a phase switch in my neck tone spot, I hope that will work (should, right?)
        Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.

Comment

That's hot.

This, will not be simple. (not that I expected that.)
          Last edited by korovamilkdud; 12-21-2004, 11:16 AM.

Comment

The phase switch on the neck pickup should work. The wiring of the dpdt switch is fairly easy once you have the diagram. The tricky part is pickup selector switch. Once you get the Gibby schematic take a look at how they handle the 3 way switch. Instead of a common out, they use seperate terminals and it's part of how the series/parallel switch works.
            www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
            www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
            http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Working...
            X