Pickups For Telecaster Thinline???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickups For Telecaster Thinline???

I recently purchased a 69' Fender thinline and wanted to beef up the sound on it a bit. What do you guys recommend for the bridge?? Hot Rails or little 59's??
    And what would match up good with one of those pickups for the neck??? I'm playing indie rock with a bunch of pedals and playing out of a Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4x10s'. thanks.

Re: Pickups For Telecaster Thinline???

Hi Sleepingatlast,

Welcome to the forum...

When you say "beefed-up", what do you mean? How much beef do you want?
    -Butch Snyder
    butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

I have a Broadcaster lead in my MIJ RI with a Vintage Rythm. Sounds great. If you want more chunk but still have a single coil tonality, the Quarter Pound set might be the ticket.
      Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

If you are deciding between the hot rails and the lil 59, the hot rails is going to be more agressive and hotter than the 59. the 59 would be better for more classic rock tones and what not. the hot rails is used by metal guitarists also. i am about to purchase a hot rails, but i will be playing harder stuff than you. listen to soundclips on the seymour duncan main page and look at the descriptions there too. also, check out reviews of both on harmony-central.com.
        Fender USA Strat
        Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. Reverb
        Retroman Sybil Fuzz
        Zendrive

Comment

Working...
        X