APPROX output of the DD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• APPROX output of the DD?

even though duncan does not use MV's for a reading(which i can understand since they are so many varibles)
    can anyone tell me APPROX what the DD's output is?
    hotter than the dimarzio super D? hotter than a EVO? little less hot than the 81?

Re: APPROX output of the DD?

Way hotter than the Super D. In fact, the Custom I have sounds hotter than the Super D in my friend's axe.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

300V i'd say by the looks of it >.<

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
        300V i'd say by the looks of it >.<

LOL
        300V's jeeezzzussss!!!! the dimarzio X2N is 510 MV(millivolts) and that is a friggin hot pup!!!!!!!!! just every so slightly under the very active EMG 81
        it takes 1000 millivolts to make a volt and you are saying the DD is 300V( 3000 MV?)

Comment

Originally posted by SABOTAGE
          300V's jeeezzzussss!!!! the dimarzio X2N is 510 MV(millivolts) and that is a friggin hot pup!!!!!!!!! just every so slightly under the very active EMG 81

it takes 1000 millivolts to make a volt and you are saying the DD is 300V( 3000 MV?)(umm ???? i'm lost here what are you trying to say? 300volt equals 300000 milivolt and not 3 thousand megavolt. you can say it's 300 thousand milivolts though if zeroes confuse you )
          yea.. whats so unusual about it?

IMO, you could power a small city just by chugging away with the DD

if you want output comparable only by the explosion at chernobil try the Live wire metal

Comment

yea.. whats so unusual about it?

IMO, you could power a small city just by chugging away with the DD
            dude i was just playing with ya, seriously the DD is NOT at 300 VOLTS
            more like 450mv or 475mv is anything

Comment

The DD and Super Distortion are about the same I've found in my guitars. Keep in mind that the perceived output may be different due to the different frequencies emphasized.

Comment

dude i was just playing with ya, seriously the DD is NOT at 300 VOLTS
                more like 450mv or 475mv is anything
                i stand by what i said, it's a cool powerplant-in-a-pup for ya.. great for running household appliances. mom loves it.. our electricity bill is has never been as low as this. but i gotta be carefull not to go mental on the strings as i've blown 4 microwaves and 3 blenders already just by playing the opening riff of master of puppets.. least to say, mom wasnt pleased

Comment

i stand by what i said, it's a cool powerplant-in-a-pup for ya.. great for running household appliances. mom loves it.. our electricity bill is has never been as low as this. but i gotta be carefull not to go mental on the strings as i've blown 4 microwaves and 3 blenders already just by playing the opening riff of master of puppets.. least to say, mom wasnt pleased

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!

classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats the DD for ya

on a more serious note.. yea i'd say at around 480mV

but that live wire.. there's something nuclear about it

Comment

Working...