Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickups for baritone

merry christmas forum bros!

i am converting one of my swamp ash strat into a baritone tuned e to e one octave below normal. question is, what pickups will you choose to install in an s/s/s configuration. i would like to use singles with polepieces.

cheers and happy holidays!
    dani
    the mind is willing, but the flesh is weak...

Re: pickups for baritone

Originally posted by dani
    merry christmas forum bros!

i am converting one of my swamp ash strat into a baritone tuned e to e one octave below normal. question is, what pickups will you choose to install in an s/s/s configuration. i would like to use singles with polepieces.

cheers and happy holidays!
    dani

Merry Christmas bro,

Since you are talking about single coils I assume that you want a more traditional twangy baritone. I would say either Surfers or SSL-1's in the nack and middle and a Twangbanger in the bridge...the heavy/detuned strings will keep the neck and middle from being overly bright and in turn these pickups will give you the defination you WILL need in a bari, as for the bridge you have to be careful...if you push it too hard it will mush out, but I think a Twangbanger would be wonderful in a bari!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Youll probabally want Alnico 5s in the neck and middle like The Guy Who Invented Fire said, because when you tune down it will be less bright. +1 to Surfers or SSL-1s in the neck and middle!

For the Bridge, +1 to the Twangbanger, or a Surfer Custom Bridge!

happy holidays-
      Alex
      There is no spoone
      - The Matricks

Comment

I'm gonna build one that's tuned the same, based on the USA Custom STP '51.

Alnico Pro Tele bridge and middle, APII neck.
        Satanists In Love-
        Dance With The Kings
        of Dance Kings.

Headlopper-
        Everyone Must Give Head.

Drunk Boy Records-
        Fingers on the Pulse of America,
        and Applying as Much Pressure as We Can.
        http://www.DrunkBoy.cjb.net

Comment

Working...
        X