Seymour Duncan Experts help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Experts help!

I bought an 89 Strat about 5 years ago and it had a SD Humbucker in the bridge that sounded great. Well I noticed it didn't look like any SD pickup I'd ever seen it has staggerd pole pieces. Well not to long ago I wanted to put one in another on of my Strats so I took my SD pickup out of my strat flipped it over and it says MGJ. Well I cant find out anything about this pickup please help a brotha out.

Re: Seymour Duncan Experts help!

If you go in this web to

FAQ > Everything else - How can I tell which pickup i have?

You should find the answer there.

Comment

You have a Stag Mag. Designed to sound just like a single coil when split, and still provide some warmth as a humbucker. Not a bad pickup, just not as warm and vintage as I like in a pup. The "J" is the initial of the person that wound your pickup, most likely Marciella Juarez...or "MJ".

Here's the link to the codes.

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.
      My Sound Clips

Comment

Thank you jeff you have been a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H
          You have a Stag Mag. Designed to sound just like a single coil when split, and still provide some warmth as a humbucker. Not a bad pickup, just not as warm and vintage as I like in a pup. The "J" is the initial of the person that wound your pickup, most likely Marciella Juarez...or "MJ".

Here's the link to the codes.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...t/labels.shtml

he's got it right, it is the only bucker that has staggered poles

Comment

Working...
          X