• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about this combo?

bridge: JB
    middle: Hot Stack
    neck: Cool Rails

In a Charvel Model 4, used mostly for prog/power metal. Opinions?
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Re: What about this combo?

Travis. I have a JB/Hot Stack/lil59 loaded Strat and that combination of pickups is very cool. You'll do the progressive metal thing well and I think you'll find a few other great tones available with that combo as well. The lil59n and the Cool Rails neck model are close enough in spec that it'll work either way.

You'll dig it.
    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Id go the JB bridge for sure, and personally id go cool rails in the neck (but something like a lil59 would also be great!), and then for middle id go something a little less "hot" just so you can get some good clean tones when you want them...because you are bound to want them for something.

Id put a custom staggered or flat in the middle, because while this isnt a total weakling compared to your other pickups, it will give you some very lovely clean tones.

Thats just me though because i like to get maximum versatility out of a 3 pickup guitar
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Yeah, I had the JB in another guitar with a pair of Little 59's and while it was a pretty good combo, I just felt that the Little 59's just weren't hot enough. I was thinking something in between the Little 59's and the Hot Rails I have in another guitar. Thanks for the response.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Working...
        X