A partner needed for invader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A partner needed for invader

I have just put in a invader in the bridge position in my guitar. What pick up will best suit it in the neck. I play hard rock and metal.

Re: A partner needed for invader

Originally posted by Nitrox
    I have just put in a invader in the bridge position in my guitar. What pick up will best suit it in the neck. I play hard rock and metal.

I would go with a Distortion neck, or maybe a Jazz. A Jazz seems to work with everything, a Distortion neck would be a good match also IMO.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Full Shred works nicely as well.

Comment

I had a nice ESP with an Invader Bridge, and in the neck... Another Invader. It looked great having matching pick-ups and the bridge Invader actually had good tone. I played A LOT of metal and rock on that guitar, so a neck Invader may also be something you would want to consider.
        Rock On
        ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
        2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
        Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Kac
          I had a nice ESP with an Invader Bridge, and in the neck... Another Invader. It looked great having matching pick-ups and the bridge Invader actually had good tone. I played A LOT of metal and rock on that guitar, so a neck Invader may also be something you would want to consider.
          Rock On

Yeah...I just noticed that there is a neck versio of the Invader...looks like it's about 7.2k and would more than likely work great with an Invader bridge...not to mention it would look cool!!!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            Yeah...I just noticed that there is a neck versio of the Invader...looks like it's about 7.2k and would more than likely work great with an Invader bridge...not to mention it would look cool!!!
            There is!!?!?!?! Ya that sounds good, i guess..
            There is no spoone
            - The Matricks

Comment

But will the invader in both positions be any good for soloing?

Comment

Originally posted by Nitrox
                But will the invader in both positions be any good for soloing?

There is a neck version...It is intended for use in the neck. I would assume it has a lot of the qualitys of the invader but the DC resistance is less that half that of the bridge, I would assume it is just what you are looking for...besides if you do not like it there is a 21 return policy. BTW...as a shameless plug I have a Duncan Distortion neck model in the trading post that I will treat you right on!

Comment

From personal experience, the '59 works very well with the Invader.. helps bring out some of the highs that the Invader might be lacking.

I was always worried about the Invader neck being too thick for my tastes. (Never actually tried it, though).
                  -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                  I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Almost all of the recommendations will work well with the invader.

But with that much output you can also seriously consider putting a hotter bridge humbucker in the neck such as the JB (my favorite HB for the neck, period), the Custom series or the Fullshred

Depends on exactly what you´re looking for. The JB for example will be very thick and fluid under gain, almost muddy for some. But the cleans are also great (a bit dark and warm, how I like ém), and split it´s a near perfect neck single coil
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Almost all of the recommendations will work well with the invader.

But with that much output you can also seriously consider putting a hotter bridge humbucker in the neck such as the JB (my favorite HB for the neck, period), the Custom series or the Fullshred

Depends on exactly what you´re looking for. The JB for example will be very thick and fluid under gain, almost muddy for some. But the cleans are also great (a bit dark and warm, how I like ém), and split it´s a near perfect neck single coil
                      +1

Comment

Working...
                      X