Duncans did the trick!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncans did the trick!!

Some of you might recall that back in September I was trying to fatten up a Yamaha SG 2000 that I have. I loved everthing about the guitar, but for a 2 bucker axe it was a bit thin and harsh sounding...it took me a while to fix it up due to all the other projects I had going. At any rate I just put all new switch and pots as well as orange drop caps, and a set of Duncans...an Alnico II pro in the neck and a Custom Custom in the bridge. This guitar kick some major ass! The APH has this amazing bell like top end but it's still nice a fat, the Pearly Gates is still my favorite neck bucker but this is one is right up there, the CC is just amazing...Im not usally big on hot buckers but this thing just cranks! I really though it would be kinda muddy...I couldn't be more wrong! It's got a nice smooth but tight bottom and a very smooth top end and the mids in this thing just kill...it's got a very vocal quality in the mids...almost like having a wah about 3/4 closed but ONLY on the mids! When you click to the middle for both pups the mid spick goes away on the bridge and the bell top goes away on the neck just leaving you with a nice super fat tone that is beautiful for clean chords. Guitars with 2 huimbuckers are my favorite set-up be it Les Paul, Strat, Tele, whatever...I love the sounds that 2 humbucking pickups make and this one is great...good for Classic rock, hot blues, and even metal if I want it to! Anybody looking for a set of buckers with a vintage charter and more output should look into this set up as well as anybody that wants to warm up a cold sounding guitar!

The guy who invented fire
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Re: Duncans did the trick!!

Sounds awesome, happy to hear it all went well. The CC is a great pick-up, don't be afraid of hot pick-ups, great for Rockin' Out
    ISO - Fender Highway One Stratocaster - black
    2004 Chevy Silveraro - 6.6 Liter Duramax Turbo Diesel
    Pickup Booster - Lava Box - Tweak Fuzz - Vapor Trail

Comment

Great review TGWIF. Its always nice when you find a winning combo.

Comment

Another satisfied Duncan customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratcat
          Another satisfied Duncan customer.
          Except for my Akuminum neck Kramer all my guitars have Duncans...there is something magical about the Gibson Iommi pups in an aluminum neck guitar!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
          X