No announcement yet.

New picups for Jackson KE3 Kelly...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New picups for Jackson KE3 Kelly...?

[QUOTE=Zerberus]There are NO plywood Jacksons, nor were there ever any. At least AFAIK (which isn´t much). The JS series are made of Indian Cedro, which is a member of teh mahogany family. 10x better IMO than agathis or chesswood (IbeenHad, BC Rich, occasionally LTD IIRC), I personally even prefer it to basswood as a Guitar wood, but that´s me.[QUOTE]

Agathis is pretty ****ing horrible, i've heard lots of horror stories about cheap-ass B.C.Riches breaking in half and stuff...
    Basswood isn't that great either, the tone is (to my ears) a bit weak and muddy. I own a basswood LTD guitar at the moment.

Jackson also uses poplar in some of the cheaper models. A good cheaper alternative to alder IMHO.
    "Dave, what are your thoughts on AIDS?"
    "You're talking about sex, right? Hell, i don't need no aids!" -Dave Mustaine

Comment

...Jackson also uses poplar in some of the cheaper models. A good cheaper alternative to alder IMHO.
      Jackson USA Neck thrus were actually ALL Maple-neck/poplar wings (on non custom orders) from 1981 (Original Rhoads) to approx. 1995

I find Poplar a smidge brrighter than alder, and it´s generally a tad heavier, mass AND tone-wise. IMO just as good a wood as Alder
      Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Originally posted by WITH FULL DISTORTION
        Unholy Black/Death/Thrash/Fusion Metal hails forever Mayhem.
        i ´m from brazil and my speciallity is Those styles you mentioned.
        a thing that all guys here forget to ask you is...
        What Bands/Cd do you would like to sound similar or get Near ITS Distortion?
        Another thing to be know... What is the tuning on the Jackson you want to swap the pups(pups=pickups)?
        Mmm yeah. did not bother with that because I thought no one would know about what I talk about.
        I play ugly black metal like Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, Khold.
        Buy saying Trash, I talk about the oldschool stuff like Celtic Frost and Holy Moses. I have also begun playing some Slayer lately.
        Saying Deathmetal I talk about old things like Death(scream blood gore), (early)Darkthone, Old Funeral, Morbid. Primitive Death metal. I don't like technical metal.

I don't play a lot of solos, because they are not that important in my vision of metal. But the things I do are slower and melodic, or just a short and fast 80's metal solo.

I play normal tune. got a (licensed)floyd, and all the good Black metal is, or can be played E tuned(acording to tabs and what I learn from lisening). Im an E man...

My amp is brighter than average Marhsall I think. maybe thats because I don't use the marhall cabinet? I have a Peavy 4x12 cab from the 70's, but the elements is changed since then. It's supposed to be better than Marhall.
        I use a Bass amp actualy, because the best sound comes from good effects(not the one I have but I think it's better that the one from a marshall top).

I think I can get a Custom Custom in Norway... I'll se what I can get to try at the store.

I don't know who Dave Mustain is, but if he is playing metal and using JB, it should be possbile for me to do it to... The important thing is getting good sound who has the potential to sound metal. It is my playing who is a lot of the importance.
        Having a picup named schredd may sound strange to me because I don't schredd at all, but whe hva the Jazz which I am thinking about, and I will not play Jazz at all

What Black metal I like on CD sounds to ugly to be fun to play with

I think I may start with buying the pic up I liked the best after trying it in the store, and see what result I get in my Jackson. If it is good, I will buy a seckond pic up. Good solution with my amount of money at the moment too

All the new tips have helped.
        Also desicovered some good taste of metal over in Brazil

Comment

Zerb, i thought the JS series was made of alder... whats your take on the new JS30 models (the kelly in peticular) worth it or save the money for something else? (the only thing i regret is that it doesnt have a trem .. ) and the ke3 doesnt have two pots (for a bridge volume/neck volume push-pull setup)

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
            Zerb, i thought the JS series was made of alder... whats your take on the new JS30 models (the kelly in peticular) worth it or save the money for something else? (the only thing i regret is that it doesnt have a trem .. ) and the ke3 doesnt have two pots (for a bridge volume/neck volume push-pull setup)
            JS1 and JS 20 are Cedro, JS 30 series is alder

I can´t say anything about the new JS-30s (Kelly, Warrior and Rhoads IIRC), because they´re not on the market yet. How am I supposed to have an opinion on something I can´t have played or heard yet

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

musikmesse last month

i thought they're out already.. they got em on the 2004 price list on the jackson website... oh well.. got any idea when they'll be released?

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                musikmesse last month

i thought they're out already.. they got em on the 2004 price list on the jackson website... oh well.. got any idea when they'll be released?
                Actually, It was only 2 weeks ago. But I unfortunately didn´t make it....

As far as WHEN they´re coming: No Idea, so I´ll just say" They´re here when they´re here"

Comment

well crap.. i found out that there was music convention a day AFTER it ended.. a friend of mine went, told me it was cool, but you couldnt really play anything in the actual meaning.. only unplugged.. they had the new models

and nicko mcbrain was there hadning out small signed drumheads =)

but lets not hijack this thread anymore

Comment

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X