Heritage guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage guitars

Hey guys, I just recently landed me a Heritage Les Paul for a pretty penny, but I was wondering what pickups these guitars come stock with. The guitar itself reminds me of a Gibson Les Paul Classic with a sound that is reminiscent of a cross between the 496R/500T and 490R/498T sets. I like to play any style of music from classic rock, metal, jazz, blues, and fingerpicking, but I like to play metal or fingerpicking music the most. Any pup suggestions are appreciated, thank you.

Re: Heritage guitars

I'm not really knowledgeable about this, but I'd say it depends on the guitar. I've seen them with Heritage's own pickups, and SD's.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

I just sold my 1995 HC150 about 2 months ago. It came stock with Duncan 59's..creme and black.

As for suggestions for replacement..my fave combo in LesPauls, explorers, etc is a Custom in the bridge and 59 in the neck. But you'll see by my influences I like older metal/hard rock stuff. Custom may be too much output for other styles. I would prolly look into something more "vintage" then..59...Pearly Gates, etc.
      Last edited by JeffB; 12-29-2004, 06:22 AM.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Originally posted by Pauleo
        I was wondering what pickups these guitars come stock with.
        Some come with Seymour Duncans -- of which Heritage uses a lot of Seth Lovers and '59s.

Some come with Schallers -- especially pre-2000 models.

Some come with Heritage pickups.

I hope that helps.
        Evan Skopp, Inside Track International
        Sales and marketing reps for Musopia, Reunion Blues, and Q-Parts.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Yes, pre 2000 Heritage guitars came with schallers. I have a Schaller Golden 50 humbucker in the bridge of my Epi Les Paul. These are quite different from Gibson PAF's or the 59. The schaller has a brighter twang to it that I really like. It's a very crisp sounding pickup. It's not as warm as a 59, but also not as mid focused and very wide open. Think of a fuller custom 5 without the scooped mids and higher resonance peak. The schaller is "brighter" than the custom 5, but not as thin and muffled. The custom 5 sounds weak and thin in my epi compared to the Schaller. Kinda hard to describe because although the schaller has more noticable treble and has a higher treble frequency, it does not sound as thin as the custom 5. The treble on the schaller is more round I guess.

The schaller is good for almost a tele like crunch on an overdriven amp through a les paul. If the 59 seems too mid focused and warm, and you want a bit more of a brighter twang thats full, I'd highly recommend a Schaller golden 50 pickup. I do not recommend it in a bright strat, these things sound shrill in a strat.
            Guitars
            BastardCaster - Mahogany Strat with APH Bridge and single coils in neck and mid.
            Epi Les Paul Std. - JB bridge Jazz Neck (Love the Jazz, undecided on the JB)

Mullet - Crap plywood ibanez knockoff with high output bridge humbucker.
            P.O.S. - Microphonic P-90 pickup with surprisingly good tone. You can also use it as a microphone!

Amps
            1977 Marshall JMP MKII 2204 head / 1960 slanted 4x12 cab with 2 Vintage 30's and 2 G12T75's
            Laney VC-30 212

Comment

Working...
            X