Custom/PG neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom/PG neck?

What do you guys think of a SD Custom in the bridge with a PG neck on a Les Paul? Currently I have both PG's and I am leaning towards a Custom Custom in the bridge, but I was wondering if a Custom would be a good choice also. Thanks for the help!

Re: Custom/PG neck?

well this is my opinion...I just put a CC in a guitar to fatten it up. Most NOT all Les Pauls are already pretty fat sounding, and a CC can make them a little too fat and maybe even muddy...a Custom 5 might be a good choice for you but then again a CC matched with a PG is a killer set...I have a guitar with a set of PG's and I love them too. Try it...as long as your LP is not naturally real thick sounding you should be ok...let us what you find out.

Good luck
    The guy who invented fire
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Of course, any of those three pickups are only a magnet swap away, so you're probably safe anyway.
      Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
      Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
      Originally posted by Sosomething
      "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I like the CC, but in a LP, the Custom flat out rocks!
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

So the Custom would match pretty well with a PG neck? Or, if I went with a Custom, should I drop the PG and get a '59 neck?

Comment

it is in my humble opinion that a PG neck the the BEST duncan neck bucker yet...my fav used to be the Jazz...but no more!
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

My les paul has the ability to split coils, so which custom(sh-5, sh-11 or C5) would work with the PG neck? Will the sh-5 be too much for the PG neck?

Comment

Custom Custom all the way! I don't agree with that "Too fat/muddy" thing at all the mids give it a nice crunch & punch in my opinion. There's a whole thread on this topic from a day ago or so, and CCbridge/PGneck was the definite preference. I also agree If you keep the PG bridge, go to the 59 neck.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

After talking with Lew, I decided to go with a Custom in the bridge and the PG in the neck on my Les Paul. Thanks to Lew for all of the help and everyone else that replied to my posts!

Comment

Working...
                  X