Duncan Distortion...what a great thrash pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Distortion...what a great thrash pickup

Have this pickup in one of my super-strats. Great pickup with just the right amount of scoop for thrash without sounding thin. Cuts real nice and is fairly tight for the fast playing.
    Last edited by ranalli; 04-07-2004, 06:31 PM.

Re: Duncan Distortion...what a great thrash pickup

I have one in my Strat aswell. Its very clear sounding.

Comment

i gopt one in my les paul, i dont like it too much. i find it very harsh actually!

if anyone wants to buy one, tell me so.

Comment

^ another person dissing the distortion.

Comment

The DD Rocks! ... like it a lot
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Originally posted by TheMist
            ^ another person dissing the distortion.
            im not "dissing" it, it's just not me.

IT SUCKS THOUGH!

j/k

Comment

i ve got one in a yamaha a few years ago and i fell in love with it immediatly. in any guitar, you can have a killer tone with it!
              Now i have my Ibanez rg 1570 and i already put one in.It has a perfect fat and harsh sound for my fast riff and a good clarity for my solos

Duncan Distortion Rules!!!

Comment

I've been hearing really good things about this pickup. How do you guys think it would sound in a SG?
                -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
                Vox VT15
                Washburn D10SCE
                Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass

Comment

I had one in a Les Paul also and I didn't care for it too much. I like the Custom much better.

Comment

I have the neck version in my Ibanez RG- one of the better pickups for neck-inclined solos…
                    Psychic Horns

Comment

Originally posted by StratTom
                      I've been hearing really good things about this pickup. How do you guys think it would sound in a SG?
                      ...Awesome in a SG! ..Very balanced sound for almost any style(imo), due to the heavy-low/mids of my SG & upper-mids/highs of the Distortion pup makes guitar's tone pop.
                      A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
                      This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

I like it alot although I am definitely interested in trying a Custom5 as well...both are EQ'd similarly apparently but maybe the Custom5 will be warmer??

Comment

To me, the Distortion is THE heavy metal pickup. Back in the 80s, I used the Distortion in my Les Paul, as well as all of my Kramer and Ibanez Floyd Rose-equipped guitars. I could play Metallica, Judas Priest and Accept with dead-on tone. With less amp gain and chorus added, it was good for hair band stuff too.

My tastes now are more in the Gov't Mule vein, so I use a Custom 5 in my Les Paul. But I also have a Squier Bullet Special that I use as my "basement beater" guitar. I upgraded it with a Distortion, and it has that classic Distortion tone too.
                          Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                            im not "dissing" it, it's just not me.
                            j/k
                            I went through a JB, Custom, C5, CC, Demon, and C3 before I finally settled on a 59. It's not that any of those pups are bad, they all shine for what they are desinged for, very specialized. But the above simply weren't for me.

The DD isn't harsh, it's just harsh compared to the "tone in his head". The sound we're all chasing after.
                            Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
                            Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
                            Originally posted by Sosomething
                            "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

i love my DD
                              Originally posted by Aceman
                              It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X