Question about wiring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about wiring!

Alright i got an 1989 Charvel that was h/s/s but is now h/s/h(mini). i replaced the two single coils with seymores and the humbucker was repalced with a seymore by the prior owner. Now it was "out of phase" when i got it and still is. I got some time off soon and i decided im gonna rewire it all so its inphase. but i wanna set it up so i can put in a switch or "pop out" nob to switch it from inphase to out. But the neckpick is a humbucker. How do i set it up so i can switch them in and out of phase? can i do it? i know im gonna need two switches one for the NEck Humbucker and the middle and another for the Bridge humbucker and the single. The humbucker it came with i think is an older duncan distortion, the single is a ssl-5 if i remeber right ( the package only says "custom for strat") and the mini humbucker is a JB jr. any ideas? any more questions just post em or e-mail. Sorry if i left anything out im tired and its late lol. Thanks for any help on this! if someone from duncan reads this i'd LOVE a schematic for it. thanks Jon
    My set up:

-1990 Charvel S-type with 3 seymours, phase switch and soon a on board pickup booster.

-Custom Charvel strat

-1980 Pearce G1 rackmount amp
    various speakers

Re: Question about wiring!

Hi CharvelPlayer; are you saying that you want to be able to select the bridge and middle together, with the middle out-of-phase in relationship to the bridge? And then, do the same with the neck and middle.

If I understand you correctly, you just need a single push/pull to switch the phase of the middle pickup in either position 2 or 4. (Assuming you're using a 5-way.)

Is this correct?

You'ld basically use this diagram:

Phase switch

Comment

Yeah thats exactly what i wanna do. And yes i have a 5 way switch. So all i do is basically follow that diagram for both? I only need one switch so thats even better.
      My set up:

-1990 Charvel S-type with 3 seymours, phase switch and soon a on board pickup booster.

-Custom Charvel strat

various speakers

Comment

Use that diagram for the middle pickup only. So, when you're in position 2, you have the neck and middle selected, pull the pot-switch, and you reverse the phase of the middle pup.

When you're in position 4, you have the bridge and middle selected. You pull the pot-switch again, to change the phase of the middle, in relation to the bridge.

So, basically, a single push/pull pot will change the phase of the middle at any time. If its a single-coil design, it won't have the red/white wire shown in that diagram, which you can just ignore.

Comment

thanks i'll let ya know how it works out! oh do you know where i can buy one of those pots thats can be pulled out?
          My set up:

-Custom Charvel strat

various speakers

Comment

Working...
          X