Hot Rails Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rails Question

Well okay...I THINK I want to put a full set of Hot Rails in my maple-fretboard Strat, but I could be totally wrong.

I'm kind of fond of the guitar's thin, twangy sound, but I'd like to beef it up and cancel the hum, and I LOVE distortion, so the HR's seem like the way to go.

Basically, if I had a Hot Rails in the bridge, and was playing it clean, and just played a powerchord, would the guitar's natural twang ring thru, and still sound beefy?

That's basically what I want, a beefy twang...haha, is there such a thing?
    green globe burned black by sunn

Re: Hot Rails Question

I have Hot Rails in my Maple fretboard Strat and they sound fantasic. There very hot but also clear. You will love them.

Comment

HR is a very hot pup. I don't know how well it would work for shredding, because the sound is so fat. Then again, I don't shred

In my completely unbiased opinion, Go For IT!
      <---------------(HR/CR/HR
      Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
      https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks
      Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

This is good to know. I'm putting an Invader/hotrails combo in a "V" guitar that I'm building with a maple finger board. I was hoping that the HR would give a clear yet thick tone in the neck.

Comment

Working...
        X