Duncan Design vs. SD in Schecter S-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Design vs. SD in Schecter S-1

I'm a novice player, learning every day and need help selecting new pickups.
    I have a Schecter S-1 Elite w/Duncan Design HB-102 currently. The guitar is mahogany w/mahogany neck. I am currently playing through an Alesis Spitfire Amp. I hope to switch to an tube amp someday! I play mostly hard rock/metal but want the freedom/versatility to switch to a clean tone when desired. I have been told the D. Designs sound 95% close to the Jazz/JB combo. Is this true? Am I going to see a major difference in tone by switching to SD's?? I like the DD's but really want true SD's! I have listened to the tone samples of the different p-ups on Seymour webpage and I know I want the jazz neck p-up. I am struggling w/what bridge p-up to install. I am leaning toward the SD Custom based on the examples on the web site. I know I could install the JB and have the real jazz/JB combo but I want more punch out of the bridge (And something different). I would appreciate your valuable opinions! Thanks!

Re: Duncan Design vs. SD in Schecter S-1

Hey Sharkman; Welcome to the forum.

You have a tough decision in front of you. (Although, a fun one.)

I can just tell you this, I put a JB in the bridge of my Peavey Genny, (see sig), and my poor Predator/Patriot are gathering dust. Its the guitar I use 95% of the time. I prefer the JB paired with the QP in the neck-tapped.

Its a killer combo.

Artie

Comment

Working...
    X